Advertisement

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

So Blogger has run it's course

Over the last week, I've had the majority if the blogs I write on Blogger deleted for being spam.  Despite the fact that there is nothing that violates Blogger ToS on these blogs that I can find.  I suspect it's going to eventually hit all my blogs.  As it appears that Blogger's automated review system has decided that all of them are somehow spam.

As such, I'm working on moving these sites to a self-hosted server.  That way I'll have no issues with this in the future.  The problem here is cost.  I can afford to move it over and pay the monthly hosting cost and domain registration costs.  But I'd like to offset it.  This is a plan I had from the beginning to grow this blog to a level where it made enough money to nullify the cost of writing for the blogs on a more consistent basis.

As such I'd ask you to use the  Need a PLEX? link above.  Please bookmark it and use it if you purchase a plex if you enjoy what I do, so that way I can continue to do it after this change.

I'm going to start with just ISKMogul Adventures to save on effort and cost.  I will continue to use these sites, and if they don't get deleted then I'll just slowly move them over to a new host anyway.  It sucks that this has to happen, but it doesn't appear that it's going to change.

I'll announce the new URL and move the content over in the next couple of days.

Also, .space is an extension I had been considering.  Anyone with thoughts for a new domain please feel free to comment below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Advertisement

elite dangerous